Friday, February 13, 2015

Week in Review

This has been an uncharacteristically and unpleasantly busy week, both at work and after work. I haven't cooked once! We've subsisted on empanadas and eggplant dip. Which has been kind of great, actually.

Since we won't be home tonight or tomorrow night (in THEORY, if Julia and I make it to Boston without being crushed by snow), we had a Valentine's themed dinner last night. It's exactly what we always eat, but heart shaped.
Excuse the worse than usual picture quality

I also quickly made some peanut butter chocolate chip brownies, because what is Valentine's day without dessert?
Note the icing heart- I work really hard at food styling.

Updates:
  • We are going to ITALY! We sat down to buy tickets to Buenos Aires and booked non-stop tickets to Rome instead. Argentina was just too far away and complex for a 10 day trip. By going to Rome, we can get to more places, and we get an extra day of vacation because we don't lose a day on the way home. We've already booked a monastery hotel in Siena, and a seaside apartment in Cinque Terre. If you have suggestions on where to stay in Rome, let me know. We would like to get an apartment somewhere central-ish, but quieter and more residential...the Capital Hill of Rome, if you will.
  • We talked to a lender and realtor. I have a lot of thoughts about this, which I will try to post later. The two most prominent ones: (1) I don't understand money, generally, or how much we can afford, even after getting pre-approved; (2) this seems like a painfully time-consuming process.

2 comments:

  1. BOO. Who will ever use my B.A. travel guide now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go! Some day! This is the second time I plan a trip to Argentina and fail.

    ReplyDelete