See, I would have just said that, but Carolyn is masterful. Rather than straight out telling the letter writer she is being ridiculous, Carolyn has a thoughtful response about marriage and life and mutual planning, helping her to gently arrive at the conclusion that she is being silly. Well, one hopes she arrived at that conclusion. This is one of the Facebook comments to the column: "The jewelry industry has come up with a solution to this problem. He surprises her with a plain solitaire, and they pick out a "wrap" together." As Carolyn would say, head-desk.
I also love the cartoon. While I am all for abolishing engagement rings and proposals, I am the "planner" type who delayed my own proposal because I was too busy with finals that week. It's always good to keep in mind that for all of your careful planning... you could get eaten by a bear.
Cooking:
Not much going on here, since I wasn't planning on being in town, and didn't shop for any recipes. We'll likely raid the freezer for previously-made frozen meals this week.
Yesterday, Julia and I had a delicious lunch in Annapolis, at the Iron Rooster. It was a freezing, blustery day, so I wanted some soup with my lunch. And although it was very tasty, my lentil soup had the consistency of oatmeal- it was so thick! So I cam home wanting slurpy, brothy soup and made this from a southwestern soup mix that Jason's parents gave us for Christmas.
![]() |
| This would be much better with some fresh avocado- I'm not sure how much more winter I can take! |
Dinner last night was the weekly pizza, with spinach, pepperoni, and provolone, so it was extra cheesy and delicious. We had all of the ingredients for this because Jason was excited about subsisting off of cheese and pepperoni while I was gone.
![]() |
| Weekly Pizza, Volume 8,476 |
Come on, snow day! Share some of the glory, Northeast!


No comments:
Post a Comment