Saturday, February 14, 2015

Change of Plans

Julia and I spent a lot of time this morning agonizing over whether it wise to go to Boston this weekend. We didn't want to lose the money for the tickets, but we also didn't want to get trapped in a blizzard. We decided to be brave and adventurous and boarded the plane. As soon as we sat down, they canceled the flight and told us to get off. I'm sorry, Rita!

Since we had an unplanned Saturday night together, Jason and I decided to treat ourselves to a steak frites dinner at home, which was surprisingly easy to do at the last minute. We just had to buy a steak- Eastern Market has many fine options- and some potatoes.

With a glass of Malbec from Argentina-dreaming, and a chocolate heart from my mom
Jason cooked the steak perfectly- he even used a stopwatch. I made oven fries with thyme and parmesan. And a salad with feta, raisins, and walnuts.

All meals must have cheese!

Not bad for a thirty minute meal!

We had already had our traditional Valentine's Day outing last night to Taqueria Habanero. We usually go somewhere that is supposed to be cheap and delicious, but new to us, and a little inconvenient, at least for us. The hope is that no one else would want to spend their Valentine's Day there. It usually works pretty well.
The non-taco dish is a huarache, which I had never had, covered in cactus.
Unrelatedly, I really hope that newspapers never stop producing print copies. I think hipsters should take up the case. Reading yours news on paper is retro and authentic, like suspenders and facial hair. Let's bring it back. If not, poor Sal will be out of luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment