I expected to hate shopping for maternity clothes and I was right. I hate shopping for anything that is not groceries in general. Shopping for clothes because I have outgrown all of my clothes and expect to continue to get fatter is even more unpleasant than usual. In general, maternity clothes are hideous, and I'm offended that most of them were even manufactured. Who are these clothes even for? Neon leggings, tank tops, t-shirts with idiotic phrases on them, and slouchy sweaters. Don't designers know that pregnant women are just...women? Who have lives and jobs and need to leave the house looking like adults? Also, why are these clothes so clingy? This is only cute if you were skinny pre-pregnancy and your only fat is your bump. Otherwise, you still just look fat, with an added bump. Not cute.
The one exception- maternity jeans. These are genius. Denim legs with leggings on top. Why aren't all pants made this way?
No comments:
Post a Comment