Or something like that.
For the past couple of months, I've felt like I'm waiting for some major event or other to finish before I resume my normal day to day, which is not how I want to live. I also changed my schedule to work 9 hour days so that I have one day a pay period off, which makes for very long days. But, there's always going to be something going on. So, I'm re-committing to my resolutions: blogging, exercising, and trying new recipes. Today, even though it's over 100 degrees out, I just came back from a two mile jog (baby steps) and have some chicken stock simmering for later in the week.
I was reminded of how useful blogs can be when I had to document every city I went to in Spain and Europe while I was living in Madrid (including when I was there and for how long) and the only way I was able to put together even a partially accurate list was because of the blog I kept while there. Even though the posting was even spottier than here, life documentation is so useful! Also, since I haven't had the brain space to menu plan over the past few weeks, it's been really useful to look at the month in review posts on this blog for quick recipe ideas. (We haven't given up cooking, just trying to make only new recipes.) So, I want to keep documenting them, because I've already forgotten all the things I've made and liked in the past few weeks.
The big thing that's happened since my last post is that we went under contract for a house. I'll post more about that if and when it becomes final, since it still feels premature. The closing has already been re-scheduled because of some documentation problem, and even though it's only happening a day later, it caused me an enormous amount of anxiety, as have most aspects of this process. Even though there's a lot of work involved in getting to settlement, it's less work than going to see houses every other day- that was getting to be kind of awful. The sellers are staying in the house for a bit after the closing, so we're not planning to move for another month or so. Lots more on this to come- hopefully soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment