Sunday, June 28, 2015

A List

Things I am looking forward to about moving:

  • Space! Space for having friends over and for hosting overnight guests
  • Getting to do whatever I want with painting, fences, doors, etc.- not that we plan on making any major changes to the house
  • So. Many. Bathrooms.
  • A pantry
  • My own washer and dryer
  • Sitting on the swing on the porch
  • Being able to grill
  • Learning about outdoorsy things like rain barrels, composting, mulch
  • Having an herb garden, and possibly more once I get the hang of it
  • Being near Rock Creek Park again
  • Feeling invested in a neighborhood, trying to make friends with neighbors, expecting to be there for a while
  • Becoming involved in local politics, although I hear that will change after my first ANC meeting
  • Exploring new neighborhoods like Takoma Park, but also getting to know some of DC's less precious areas like Kennedy St and upper Georgia Ave

Things I will miss:

  • Capitol Hill in general- the grand old rowhouses, the brick sidewalks, the dogs and babies everywhere
  • But Eastern Market and Lincoln Park specifically
  • Being so close to work and being able to walk home most days
  • Being walking distance to the H St. corridor and Navy Yard
  • Proximity to four metro lines, and not ever relying on the red line to get to work
  • Being able to clean the entire apartment in less than half an hour
  • Keeping possessions pared down and being motivated to de-clutter to be comfortable in a small space
  • The building's rooftop view of the Capitol 
  • Rose's Luxury
  • Not ever worrying about repairs or appliances beyond calling the management company to complain
  • Not ever worrying about damage from weather events


No comments:

Post a Comment