Tuesday: I spent my St. Patrick's Day doing a themed word search puzzle with the little monsters. One of them expressed concern that his girlfriend (they are in fifth grade) wanted to have six kids. I told him he shouldn't worry about that for another 20 years. He was shocked and told me he was having kids by the time he was 21 because he was going to be a basketball star. He asked me if I was married and how old I was when I got married. When I reiterated that he should not have kids at 21, he told me I was just jealous because I was so old when I got married and I don't have any kids.
Wednesday: We looked at a beautiful, dilapidated house in beautiful Brookland. An ideal house in my ideal neighborhood. We went back and forth a lot, but ultimately decided it was not a project we could take on- there were liens on the house which would mean we'd owe a lot more than the list price, plus we'd have to take out a significant home renovation loan to bring the house up to code. I really hope that house goes to a person or family (with more home-repair savvy and money than we have) who will live in it instead of a developer who will flip it.
Thursday: We saw a house in Ledroit Park (literally, in the park) that Jason liked but I didn't, as well as a condo in Capitol Hill that I loved because it has a turret and is in Capitol Hill, but was unfortunately less than 800 sq/ft. The first house had weird ladder stairs that seemed incredibly dangerous (which we'd have had to pay to renovate to bring up to code), which the owners had draped in twinkle lights. I guess it softens the treacherous effect? And the condo had these hideous clear, suspended cabinets over the kitchen. So odd.
Unfortunately, we haven't had any time to cook this week, but luckily we have lots of pulled pork and chicken apple chili (from January!) leftovers to get us through.
No comments:
Post a Comment