Sunday, March 1, 2015

Month in Review: February

New recipes we tried in February:

Enchiladas with creamy green sauce
Mushroom tart
Fig, prosciutto, gorgonzola, and arugula pizza
Oven Roasted Fish
Lemon Cream and Prosciutto Pasta
Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream
Beef Empanadas
Greek Eggplant Dip
Peanut butter chocolate chip brownies
Baked pasta with brussel sprouts and figs
Apricot chicken with almonds
Linguine with Zucchini and Mint
Oven Braised Beef with Tomatoes and Garlic

New recipes we both liked enough to make again:

Enchiladas with creamy green sauce
Mushroom tart
Fig, prosciutto, gorgonzola, and arugula pizza
Lemon Cream and Prosciutto Pasta
Gooey Butter Cake Ice Cream
Beef Empanadas
Greek Eggplant Dip
Peanut butter chocolate chip brownies
Apricot chicken with almonds
Oven Braised Beef with Tomatoes and Garlic

This is fewer new recipes than we tried in January, but still more than I expected since I felt like this was a busy month where we didn't cook all that much and lived off of pantry staples (pizza, pasta with jarred sauce) and frozen leftovers. The list of recipes we both liked enough to try again is also surprisingly long to me, since Jason has been complaining about this project again the past week or so. I think the main culprit of his discontent was the pasta with brussel sprouts and figs.

Other:

I blogged less in February than in January, but that is ok. I did not exercise even once the entire month since I was scared of making my rib pain worse. We got a realtor and are looking at properties. I don't know how starting to exercise again will fit in with house hunting, although Jason seems to fit it in just fine.

The other thing I tried to do this month was buy fewer groceries at Safeway and buy the bulk of non-pantry items at Eastern Market. This has gone pretty well for the past couple of weeks, but although Eastern Market is fabulous, it has its limits, especially in the winter.

Things I learned in February:

  • The difference between FHA and conventional financing and what mortgage insurance is, and how I cannot escape it.
  • When you get a viral chest infection, the lining of your lungs can swell up and irritate/crack your rib.
  • Transparent chairs are popular in staging properties.

2 comments:

  1. Of course Jason fits it in just fine! He has short hair. If I shaved my head, I would exercise more.

    Also, kudos on your home cooking efforts! They are inspiring........me to make good on my promise to have you come live with us, cook, and take care of our puppy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, true. Mostly it's because it's fun for him, while it's a chore for me. And he doesn't mind eating dinner super late whereas I am starving starting at about 5 pm.

    ReplyDelete