Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Dreary Tuesdays

Tuesdays are my least favorite day of the week.

This sounds so, so awful. If I had been trapped on that train, I would be way too traumatized to take Metro ever again. I would be at the car dealership the next day! That's probably a bad idea since traffic fatalities are way worse than Metro fatalities... but it's so unsettling how unprepared Metro personnel are for an actual emergency- probably because dealing with the everyday absurdities of Metro are a low-level emergency all the time. The scariest part is that it has taken them to the next day to even have an idea of what happened! I'm glad I am able to walk home most days.

In less tragic news, tutoring was still terrible. We are doing the poetry unit, which usually is the highlight of the year, because poems are short to read and very structured to write. No dice- these kids seriously hate the program. But they still got candy! Ugh.

No cooking on Tuesdays, no exercise on Tuesdays. But this little guy cheers me up when I get home.

Where were you ALL DAY?

He requires sustained petting for many minutes from the first person who gets home. When I stop, he does little twists and dances to get my attention for more petting.

No comments:

Post a Comment